Thursday, 18 October 2007

petals scarflet



This is an easy project that takes just a couple of evenings to complete. I know scarves are impractical in our climate but who can resist such a cute scarflet? And because it is a scarflet (is there such a word?), you don't have to wind it tightly round your neck and it will definitely not give you heat rash.

I whipped up not one but two of these, one in turquiose and one in grey. I've sent the grey one to J, who has more reasons to wear it then moi here. This is a pre-Christmas xmas gift, if one has to give a reason for sending presents. I think it'll look gorgeous when teamed with a red jacket. I've yet to wear mine, weather does not permit.

Pattern: Compliment of 红豆
Material: Sidar Snuggly 4 ply - Turquoise & Grey
Hook size: 6/0

Also, thanks to 红豆 for her generous tips on this project. I'm so happy to know you!!!

4 comments:

Doreen said...

This is cute and lovely, from which is the pattern from?

Dutchess said...

Thank you so much! It's so thoughtful of you. I'm wearing it today, indoors though, not out. It came at the right time too because the temperature has been dipping.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love these. Adorable! I don't know how to crochet yet but I'm trying to teach myself to knit. Great project!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. Can you please direct me to a pattern for it? I would LOVE to try to make one for myself. Thank you, Poppy.