Wednesday, 22 April 2009

fine butter cake



I saw this on Florence's blog and since she named it Fine Butter Cake, it must be good! So how can I not give it a try then. As it turns out, it is really good, how good is good, I guess it is subjective but if my family is not rejecting it, then I'll take it as good.

As compared to the famous butter cake recipe shared by Lee Lee, this one is not as fluffy, hence more dense. Both are different in their own ways.

Fine Butter Cake

150g good quality butter (I use Golden Churn)
1 tbsp corn oil/olive oil
110g castor sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs

140g cake flour
40g corn flour
1/3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp whipping cream

1. Cream the butter, sugar and corn oil until white and fluffy
2. Add in salt and vanilla essense
3. Beat in the eggs, one by one
4. Sift the cake flour, corn flour and baking powder before folding in into the butter mixture
5. Stir in the whipping cream
6. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180degC for 35 min

No comments: