Monday, 23 March 2009

cinnamon rolls



You can see by now, how crazy I am over bread making, I'm not denying. I try to make them on weekends, as the process takes a long time. Usually, I knead and let it proof overnight (I start after 11pm), I didnt have to worry about overproofing as the weather has been nice and sometimes chilly, so by 6am the next day, I have a nice puffed up dough waiting for me.

This recipe somehow taste a little chewy on the outside. I'm not sure if its the baking temperature. I am quite sure for breads, you need a very hot oven to ease its final growth spurt before settling into nice puffy buns. This recipe only requires 170degC which I feel is a little too low and requires 15-20min to bake, which I feel is a little too long, my understanding is hot and fast for breads, unlike cakes.

Nevertheless, the final outcome is still nice, though I'm going to try using another recipe or changing the over temperature/baking time the next round.

2 comments:

Edith said...

wow you are a bread expert. All looks so good.

BTW, the steam cake recipe already in my blog.

Check it out.

chicchicbaby said...

Thanks Edith! I'm still far from one, still trying my best. Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a try soon.