Saturday, 7 July 2007

pump mom

H is 6 months old now and thats how long I have been pumping. This pumping business is really taking away the fun of breastfeeding. Just imagine trying to establish a maternal relationship with a cold, hard plastic horn, how loving can that be? The constant monitoring of the output level, every single ml counts. Not forgetting all the mind work to achieve the letdown. Its not easy (or fun).

In any case, since I am working full time and decided that I want to breastfeed H, this is the only way to go. However, as much as I wanted to breastfeed my baby, I'm not militant about it, I will definitely not wake up in the middle of the night to pump so as to increase my supply. So far, I'm happy to say, what I produced is just nice for H. I'm so glad she will be starting her solid diet soon, at least, I won't feel so stressful on days I don't produce enough.

I salute to those moms who have litres of frozen stash in their freezers, wow!

No comments: