Wednesday, 11 November 2009

hand mixed orange cake


I have been going on a orange cake hunt ever since I had a crazily delicious slice in Frasers Hill earlier. This recipe requires no machine and almost like any basic muffin recipes, you simply mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Ta-dah! You're done. I'm quite pleased with the results, except that I feel the crumbs can be more fine. I think next time, I will substitute the oil for butter and use creaming method instead.

Orange Cake

100g Self raising flour
50g plain flour
20g brown rice cereal (I used 170g plain flour altogether)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (I used 1 tsp each due to the above changes)
3 eggs
150g castor sugar (I used 120g)
120ml corn oil
50g yogurt
1/2 tsp orange essence
1 tsp grated orange zest
60ml orange juice

Combine the flour, baking powder and soda in a bowl.
Combine eggs, sugar, oil and the rest of the ingredients. Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
Baking in a prepared loaf pan in a preheated oven at 175C for 35-40min. Stand for 10min before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

手拌式蛋糕 - Kevin Chai

No comments: