Thursday, 2 July 2009

low fat orange yogurt cake

During my recent visit to Bukit Fraser, we dropped by Ye Olde Smokehouse for a lazy afternoon tea, not knowing what else to do in a cold wet afternoon up in the mountains. Our tea came with a slice of homemade orange cake, a very plain slice but crazily delicious. It was buttery yet it fluffy and very light, so good that we tried to ask for the recipe but of course, they do not entertain such ridiculous request.

When I came back, I started to scout for similar orange cake recipes and I managed to see one at Happy Home Baking's blog and decided to give it a try. The recipe uses yogurt, which reminds me of Sri's Lemon Yogurt Cake, another recipe that I've bookmarked, actually both recipes are rather similar.


Tastewise, this is a little richer and denser, I suspect it is the yogurt since the amount of butter used is very little. Nevertheless I still like it because it is super moist and I think I'll try this recipe with passionfruit next. This cake is really good with a cup of Earl Grey.

No comments: